CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentines @ the Riojas

People still says I love valentines day because I am a young newly wed, but come on! how long are you going to call me a newly wed? I've been married now for 2 1/2 years now, and seriously, I am not that young, I am going to be 30 this year! wow, written down sounds so serious! LOL. So here's the deal; no, I don't need Hallmark to tell me to make something special for my sweetie, no I don't need a special day to show my love to the people that are important to me, but I do enjoy the celebration, why not join it? it is a nice theme, to me, the most similar to Christmas, isn't Christmas about love, and everybody has nice feelings for other people? well, that's how I feel about Valentine's day, I love the feeling :)

At home I started the celebrations early. Started with the 12 days of Valentines, I started hiding little things for Gilmer to find and make him feel special.

Day 1 left a cookie in a soccer tin on his desk
Day 2 left a decorated tin with goodies in the mailbox
Day 3 left a little bear with a handmade sentiment in his backpack
Day 4 decorated his car and left a goodies in it
Day 5 left goodies in the bed
Day 6 put goodies in his bed as he woke up
Day 7 decorated bathroom mirror and left goodies there for him
Day 8 left in dinning room table altered microscope slide
Day 9 got him the hallmark dancing guy with balloons and a bookmark and left it at the entrance for him to find
Day 10 Made him an altered frame with our wedding picture
Day 11 Made him cupcakes
Day 12 gave him altered altoid tin with goodies inside

So that's how I celebrated valentines day for him, this celebration was so rewarding to me, everyday he was so excited to get these small little things, that you would've thought I was giving him a brand new car or an Xbox, and really it wasn't hard for me to do these, so, why am I not doing it on regular basis? whatever I was giving him, was not too important, what was important is that he was feeling loved and thought of, I really could make him that happy very easily more often. That's my plan, and that's my part of valentines ;) he deserves a whole new post for himself, and more time to type :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment