CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Another sport widow

By no way I want you to think I am the perfect wife, because truly I believe I could be much much better, I could tidy up the house more often, take out the trash myself more often, when it is my turn for laundry, I could just do it and not wait for the last day, when I am out of whites, but, I don't, ok, I am just not the perfect wife; and I do truly also believe he is a much better spouse than me, he cleans, he cooks, although I do think I do better than him on that ;), he spoils me, he doesn't spend, he lets me buy whatever whenever I want, he cuddles me, he wakes up early in the morning with me to warm up my car and make me breakfast, anyways... he is a really good husband.... BUT... there was just something I always wanted... this is the sad story of a Peruvian, growing up, my brothers took over the TV on Sunday afternoons, yes, it is the day when most SOCCER games are played in Peru, so there I was, home bound, nowhere to go, because it was Sunday of course, and having to either take a very long nap, read my scriptures or watch SOCCER!, ok, so there might be some of you that love it, but I just DONT, I just don't get it, a whole bunch of people running for a ball, and kicking it? seriously? what's so great about that? and you know how Hispanic games are, Hispanic men are not shy on their adjectives for the opponent or shy on they way they treat them, so it really is like watching WWF, I just don't want that, so they watched the pre-game, the game, the post-game commentaries, and the following smaller team game.... anyways, you get the drill; so back to the point, growing up all I dreamt about, was how blessed I would be if my husband didn't like SOCCER! how happy I was going to be not watching soccer ever again, but seriously it was just a dream, come on, if I wanted to marry a Peruvian, I know my chances were slim, very slim, he wouldn't like soccer, but I still hoped....
This Cinderella woke up from that dream and found a very loving considerate husband that LOVES SOCCER, he could dream, eat, sleep, well maybe not eat, cause he does love eating too, but dreams about soccer, and really FEELS for soccer, so there are times I feel like a soccer widow, I do, but I can never stop feeling blessed for the kind of person he is, after all, his capacity for feeling such passion, is one of the things I love about him too, so Gilmer, it is ok, you still are the perfect prince for me, cause if you really were perfect, I would be in trouble! ;)

3 comments:

Kevin and Eliza said...

That is too funny. I always kind of hoped to marry someone that didn't love watching sports, playing them I felt different. However, Kevin loves and I mean LOVES to watch sports and pretty much all of them. So I understand. :)

joybear said...

Oh Lani so sorry you still have to watch (or try to avoid) soccer after all these years!!!

Crisdee said...

well, all I have to say is, I'm blessed! I'm so grateful Jared doesn't care for sports on Tv... WOOHOO~!! :)

Post a Comment