CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

His Valentine Day for me!

Oh He was WONDERFUL! he is always wonderful to me, but on special occasions he always goes above and beyond, to me it is not about how much money you spend, is about how much thought and effort you put in it, and he sure knows how to do it!


Ok, you need to know, I am in charge of finances at home, he has his debit card, and can use it of course, but I always find out, and know about it, but he does get some tips at work and some money a week for snack and little stuff, not much really, cause he has the debit card he can use for bigger stuff, anyways, this was special for me too, because he saved every penny he had to get me all these stuff because of course he didn't want me to find out and see it on our account, that made it even more special :)


First, in the morning, he wakes up before me and all of a sudden I hear one of my favorite love songs, a very special one for me and he knows it, so he comes to the bedroom and wakes me up with a pot of miniature roses and a card he made himself from magazines cutouts, he said it took him a week to finish it, in order to find all the words he wanted, he even got into some of my ink to make the edges, super special to me! :)





Then he is very persistent that we hurry and have breakfast at Denny's, so we do.... we had a really nice breakfast, and when I am almost done I see a group of 5 older guys dressed in red vests, I point them out to Gilmer and say "look, they must be going to a show or something an coming here for breakfast first" Gilmer nods, all of a sudden they come to my table "Are you Lani Riojas?" Yes, "we have a rose for you and a card from your love, and we are going to sing a couple of songs to you" so they do! ok, two things, first, this is soooo out of his comfort zone, heck it was even out of My comfort zone, and my zone is much wider than his LOL, but he did awesome! he just did it because of me, and second, he took the time to call them and get everything ready for this, again, out of his comfort zone, made it sooo special! and they did sing some very nice songs :)





Then we go this "scavenger hunt" looking for something in the weirdest places, gas stations, outside Dennys, anyways, when he finally comes back with what he is looking for, he shows me and it was the nickel saver, weird huh? and he just shows me the classifieds, where people had written down things for their loved ones.... yes.... he had written me a message in Spanish in the nickel saver! again! so out of his comfort zone! oh he is so the best!





Now you tell me if the guy didn't score some points! ;) Bad thing for him though, he is going to have to think of something more spectacular for next year LOL :D

1 comments:

Kevin and Eliza said...

Wow what a nice Valentine's Day! Talk about a ton of work he went through. How did he find the men that sing? He must really love you. :) I'm way impressed. I was very glad to see you this last Saturday too. Also I really like your back ground.

Post a Comment