CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Take a mental health day

So, I do this every once in a while, although not much lately, work is just fun for me now, and one of my best medicines, but, don't you ever have one of those days that you have way too much to do to have time for work? Well, I do, and I've been having one of those for around a week now, and so, yesterday, when I woke up with a headache I decided it was the best chance for me to call in for a health day. Turns out the headache is just my sinus, one of the few bad things about living in USA, I didn't use to have to deal with this in Lima, but oh well. So most of the time when I think I have too much to do to go to work, it's related to my scrappy mojo, and it was this time too, I created most of the day in my scrapbook room and then decorated the house a bit for Valentines, only a week and some left for Valentines and I finally get the house decorated, I know! :D; but it really is one of my favorite things to do, specially Valentines, because yes! I love GLITTER! I love PINK and I do like lovy dovy stuff, there, I confess! ;).After that, I actually cleaned the house, thank you very much LOL, and cooked, uhmmm... gotta tell you, there's something really special when you cook on your mental health day, at least for me, my mind just plays and works with ingredients that may work good together, and this recipe was yumo! Ok, so it was:

Pork chops
Garlic
Canola Oil
Oregano
Cilantro
Lime juice
Soy sauce
Salt, Pepper and Cumin

Very simple, just salt, pepper and cumin on the pork chops, put them in a bag, put the rest of the ingredients in it, let sit for a couple of hours. Fried the pork chops just to brown them, then on the same pan, add some water and cornstarch, put the pork again and let it cook, so simple and so yummy :)

1 comments:

Kevin and Eliza said...

I'm so impressed and your valentine's day decorations are really cute. You sure got a lot accomplished on your mental health day.

Post a Comment